The Mamava Original pod comes with casters so that it can be easily rolled short distances. If you need to move the pod to another floor, a different building, or put it in storage, we recommend you disassemble your pod first.
Be sure to consult the Mamava Original V4 Assembly Instructions that came with your pod as these steps—in reverse order—are best used in conjunction with the diagrams and instructions in the assembly guide. Unplug the pod from its primary power source before disassembling!
We’ve provided instructions on how to disassemble your pod here, but please note that we can also provide this service for your team. Fill out the form below and we'll get you an estimate!
People needed: 2
Average time: 4 hours
- 2’ level
- 6’ ladder
- #3 Phillips head screwdriver
- 5.5 mm Rotolock Allen key
- 9/16” socket wrench
WARNING! Power tools will strip the pod’s hardware, so be sure to use hand tools.
- Safety glasses and light working gloves
- Painter’s tape to cover sharp edges and screws
- Packing materials
Reminder: Always unplug the pod from its primary power source before disassembling!
Step 1. Door & Shelf
Refer to the Fold-down Shelf and Door section in the assembly guide.
- Using a Phillips head screwdriver, unscrew the door frame brackets from the top of the header and carefully pry the brackets from the wall panels. (Your unit may or may not have these components depending on the model.)
- Unscrew the door closer arm and gently separate it from the door arm.
- Replace the screws back into the closer arm screw holes on the door and cover with masking tape.
- Gently lift the door out of its hinges and set aside on its latch side edge.
- To lower the fold-down shelf, grasp the rounded corners and firmly squeeze the support to release the locks. Push the shelf down into the back wall panel until it is securely in place.
Step 2. Roof Caps & Graphic (Side) Panels
Refer to the Graphics Panels and Roof Caps section in the assembly guide.
Depending on ceiling height, you may need to roll the pod to an area that has the necessary clearance to remove the panels. If so, proceed to Step 3 to lower the pod casters before attempting to move. You can also see this article for how to move your pod.
- Use a ladder to access the top of the pod.
- Remove the screws holding the perf pan (the center grill) and graphic caps (the metal on the top of the sides) with a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Remove the perf pan and graphic caps and set aside.
- Replace the screws into their respective holes and cover with masking tape.
- Carefully remove both roof caps and set aside.
- Move the ladder inside the pod to slide the side graphic panels up and out of the wall panel channels. We recommend that the person on the ladder pulls the side panel up while a second person gently lifts the bottom edge of the panel.
- Once a panel has been removed, rest it on its long edge to protect the graphic surfaces or place it in the appropriate slot in the shipping packaging.
- Take the ladder out of the pod to prepare for the next step.
Step 3. Beauty Panels
Refer to the Beauty Panels section in the assembly guide.
- Remove the two small self-adhesive covers from the Rotolock access holes on each of the beauty panels below the benches.
- Lightly reattach the covers next to the holes for future use.
- Insert the 5.5mm Allen key into the holes and loosen the cam mechanisms completely.
- Slide the panels out from under the benches.
Tip: After you remove these panels, the leveling feet will be visible. Raise the leveling feet to their fully retracted position to lower the pod onto its casters. This should only be done if you need to move the pod a short distance.
Step 4. Wiring: Middle Beauty Panel
Refer to the Wiring: Middle Beauty Panel section in the assembly guide.
- Gently remove the bench against the back wall by gripping the front lip and working it out one end at a time.
- Check that the power cord has been disconnected from the wall outlet.
- Disconnect both the GFCI wire behind the middle beauty panel and the PCD power cord from the beauty panel junction box.
Refer to the Wiring: Roof Pan section in the assembly guide.
- Carefully place a ladder inside the pod to access the roof pan wiring.
- Unplug the single lead wire harness from the front left wall panel wire and the rear harness.
- Then unplug the Y lead wire harness from the rear harness, front right wall panel wire, and front fan wire.
- Unplug the PCD power cord from the PCD.
Tip: Tape the connectors to the inside of the roof pan to avoid damaging them in
reassembly or transit.
Step 6. Header & Roof Pans
Refer to the Header & Roof Pan section in the assembly guide.
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to unscrew the eight screws in both of the side roof pans—the four that connect them to the front and back wall panels, and the four that connect them to the front and back roof pans. (The side roof pans will be loose as you do this.)
- Unscrew the two screws in the front roof pan and the back roof pan. (The front and back roof pans will be loose as you do this.)
- Lift each pan up and out of the slots in the wall panels.
- Replace each of the screws into the holes in the wall panels and cover with masking tape.
- Place each pan into the original shipping packaging. If you need a reference for packaging instructions please reach out to us.
- Remove the two small self-adhesive covers from the Rotolock access holes at the ends of the door header and lightly reattach them next to the holes for future use.
- Unfasten one side of the header at a time, making sure to have your helper support the header before undoing the second Rotolock. Insert the 5.5mm Allen wrench into the holes and loosen the cam mechanisms completely.
- Remove the door header and place it in the original shipping packaging. If you need a reference for packaging instructions please reach out to us.
Step 7. Front Wall Panels
Refer to the Front Wall Panels section in the assembly guide.
- Use the Phillips head screwdriver to unscrew the three screws that hold the front wall panel to the bench, as well as the four screws holding the front wall panel to the chassis. (It’s helpful to have someone hold the front wall panel for you while you do this!)
- Lift the front wall panel up and out of the slots in the chassis.
- Repeat this same process to remove the remaining front wall panel. Fasten the screws into the wall panels for storage or transport, and cover them with masking tape.Tip: When you’re placing the panels into shipping packaging, tighten the screws to ensure they don’t scratch the surface of the adjacent panel.
Tip: When you’re placing the panels into shipping packaging, tighten the screws to ensure they don’t scratch the surface of the adjacent panel.
Step 8. Benches & Counter
Refer to the Benches & Counter section in the assembly guide.
- Remove the bench by firmly grasping the front lip and lifting it one side at a time—it’s a tight fit!
- Unscrew the two screws beneath the bench that connect the chassis to the bottom of the bench.
- Hold the bench firmly in position as you unscrew the three screws that attach the bench to the back wall panel. The benches are heavy, so be careful they don’t fall or tip. We recommend starting with the lowest screw to help keep the bench upright.
- Refasten the screws into the screw holes in the bench and cover with masking tape.
- Repeat steps two and three to remove the opposite bench.
- Remove the two screws holding the top of the bench support to the back middle wall panel.
- Detach the chassis from the side back wall panels by unscrewing the four screws connecting the chassis to the back wall panel. Repeat this step with the opposite chassis and back wall panel.
Caution! At this point the entire back wall is hooked to the chassis and held in place by gravity (refer to Detail “A”). Maintain a safe work environment by having someone hold the back wall panels steady while you complete the next steps.
Step 9. Back Wall Panels
Refer to the Back Wall Panels section in the assembly guide.
- Remove the four self-adhesive Rotolock covers from each edge of the back middle wall panel and lightly reattach them next to the holes for future use.
- Starting from the bottom, use the Rotolock tool to loosen the fasteners, alternating sides as you go. Leave the top ones secure until you’re ready to remove the back wall panels one at a time.
- Have one person hold the side panel steady while you loosen the top Rotolock fastener on that side.
- Carefully lift the side back wall panel up and off the chassis hook. Set it aside or place within the shipping packaging.
- Repeat steps three and four for the opposite back wall panel. Please note that the back middle wall panel is now also free.
- Lift up the back middle wall panel off the chassis hook on the top of the bench support. Set the panel aside or place it in shipping packaging.
- Refasten all the wall panel screws into the wall panels— and cover with masking tape to avoid damage to adjacent panels.
Step 10. Floor Pan & Bench Support
Refer to the Floor Pan & Bench Support section in the assembly guide.
- Remove the four screws in the narrow ends of the bench support holding it to the chassis.
- Remove the bench support and set it aside, or place it in shipping packaging.
- Screw the bench support screws into their holes in the chassis and cover with masking tape.
- Remove the six screws that hold the middle floor pan to each side of the chassis and the back floor pan. Replace the screws into their holes and cover with masking tape.
- All of the components can be placed in shipping packaging.
Friendly reminder: If you want moms to find your pod in its new location with the Mamava app, you need to send the new location’s GPS coordinates—as well as a brief description and photo of the pod—to email@example.com. We’ll take it from there!