If people are having trouble opening your Mamava pod, you may need to replace the battery in the lock.
We wish everything lasted forever. But if your Schlage lock has a dead 9V battery, rest assured that it’s easy to replace. Not sure if the battery is the issue? This article will help you.
What you’ll need
- One brand new 9V alkaline battery
- A standard size Phillips head screwdriver (#2)
- The brass door key that came with your pod
- Tape to secure the lock to the door. Preferably painters tape
Estimated time to complete
- 5-10 minutes
How to replace the battery
This video will show you how to change the battery. Watch this and follow the instructions below to change the battery.
- Open the door using the brass key that came with your pod.
- If you’ve misplaced the keys, here’s how to request one.
- It’s helpful to tape the keypad on the outside of your door to prevent it from falling off and damaging the wiring. (We’ve learned the hard way.) Then, unscrew the faceplate and handle on the inside of your pod with your Phillips head screwdriver and remove the two screws.
- Gently pull away the faceplate and handle on the outside of your pod — being mindful of the wires that connect it to the door.
- Hold the unit in your hand—with the handle down—and you’ll see a small black cover on the back.
- Remove the cover to reveal the 9V battery.
- Pull out the old battery and gently remove the connector.
- Connect a new 9V battery to the connector and insert back into the lock.
- Replace the battery cover and click into place. The three wires need to pass through the channel to protect the wires. Position the wires so that they are guided up and around the internal lock so that they aren’t pinched!
- Put the keypad faceplate back on the outside of your door.
- While holding the outer unit, replace the inside door faceplate/handle. The square axle must go through the latch mechanism and into the square hole in the outer unit.
- Fasten the screws.
Once you’ve replaced the battery, be sure to check that the lock is working properly. If the code is not correct, you can learn more about changing the codes with this article.