The Mamava ADA pod comes with casters to roll it short distances. If you need to move the pod to another floor, a different building, or put it in storage, follow the instructions here to ensure you don’t cause any damage.
These instructions are a companion to the Mamava ADA V5 Assembly Instructions that came with your ADA pod (these steps are referenced beneath the disassembly steps). They are intended to be used in conjunction with the diagrams and instructions found in the assembly guide. Please follow the assembly instruction steps in reverse order, back to front, when referencing steps mentioned in this guide.
We’ve provided instructions on how to disassemble your pod here, but please note that we can also provide this service for you. Fill out the form below and we'll get you an estimate!
People needed: 2
Average time: 4 hours
- 6’ ladder
- #2 Phillips head screwdriver
- #3 Phillips head screwdriver
- 5.5mm Rotolock Allen wrench
- 9/16” socket wrench
WARNING! Power tools will strip the pod’s hardware, so be sure to use hand tools.
- Safety glasses and light working gloves
- Painter’s tape to cover sharp edges and screws
- Packing materials
Reminder: Always unplug the pod from its primary power source before disassembling!
Step 1: Door
Refer to the Door section in the assembly guide.
- Unscrew the lower door closer arm and gently separate it from the upper door closer arm.
- Replace the screws into the closer arm screw holes on the door and cover with masking tape.
- Gently lift the door out of its hinges and set aside on its latch side edge or place in its respective slot in the shipping packaging.
Step 2: Roof Perf Pans
Refer to the Roof Perf Pans section in the assembly guide.
- Remove the four plastic push rivets in each side roof pan.
- Pull out the perf pans.
Step 3: Graphics Panels and Caps
Refer to Graphics Panels and Caps section in the assembly guide.
Depending on ceiling height, you may need to roll the pod to an area that has the necessary clearance to remove the panels. If so, proceed to Step 4 to lower the unit onto its casters before attempting to move. You can also see this article for how to move your pod.
- Stand on your ladder to access the top of the unit and use the Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws holding the side roof pans and graphic caps (the metal on the top of the sides).
- Remove the graphic caps and set aside.
- Replace the screws into their respective holes and cover with masking tape.
- Place a ladder inside the unit and carefully slide the graphic (side) panels up and out of the wall panel channels. We recommend that the person on the ladder pulls the side panel up from the top, while a second person gently lifts the bottom edge of the panel.
- Once both side panels have been removed, set them on their long edges to protect the graphic surfaces or place them in the appropriate slot within the shipping packaging.
Step 4: Beauty Panels
Refer to Beauty Panels section in the assembly guide.
- Remove the two small self-adhesive plastic covers from the Rotolock access holes on each of the beauty panels below the benches.
- Lightly reattach the covers next to the holes for future use.
- Insert the Allen key into the holes and loosen the cam mechanisms completely.
- Slide the panels out from under the benches.
Tip: After you remove these panels, the leveling feet will be visible. Raise the leveling feet to their fully retracted position to lower the pod onto its casters. This should only be done if you need to move the pod a short distance.
Step 5: Wiring and Roof Pan
Refer to Wiring and Roof Pan section in the assembly guide
- Unplug the power cord extension and carefully place a ladder inside the unit to access the roof pan wiring.
- Unplug the lockset harness from the front right wall panel wire.
- Disconnect the deadbolt harness from the left front wall panel wire.
- Disconnect the middle wire harness from the deadbolt harness and lockset harness.
Tip: Tape the connectors to the inside of the roof pan to avoid damaging them in
reassembly or transit.
Step 6: Header and Roof Pans
Refer to Header and Roof Pans section in assembly guide.
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to unscrew the 14 screws in all four roof pans—the two each that connect them to the front and back wall panels, and the three that connect them to the middle roof pan. (The side roof pans will be loose as you do this.)
- Lift each pan up and out of the slots in the wall panels.
- Replace each of the screws into the holes in the wall panels and cover with masking tape.
- Place each pan into the original shipping packaging. If you need a reference for packaging instructions please reach out to us.
- Remove the two small self-adhesive covers from the Rotolock access holes at the ends of the door header and lightly reattach them next to the holes for future use.
- Unfasten one side of the header at a time, making sure to have your helper support the header before undoing the second Rotolock. Insert the 5.5mm Allen wrench into the holes and loosen the cam mechanisms completely.
- Remove the door header by pushing up on it from the bottom, and place it in the original shipping packaging. If you need a reference for packaging instructions please reach out to us.
Step 7: Front Wall Panels
Refer to Front Wall Panels section in the assembly guide.
- Facing the exposed back of one of the benches—and with an assistant holding the front wall panel vertically—use a Phillips head screwdriver to unscrew the three screws holding the front wall panel to the bench and the four screws holding it to the chassis.
- Lift the front wall panel up and out of the slots in the chassis.
- Repeat the process and remove the remaining front wall panel from the structure.
- Replace the screws into the wall panels for storage or transport, and cover with masking tape.
If you’re placing the panels into packing material, tighten the screws to ensure they won’t mar the surface of the adjacent panel.
Step 8: Wiring and Outlet Boxes
Refer to Wiring and Outlet Boxes section in the assembly guide.
- Unscrew the middle wire cover from the bottom of the middle counter.
- Unplug the PCD power cord from the left junction box and secure it to the back middle wall panel. (We recommend coiling it up and taping it to the panel).
- Unplug the right junction box wire from the left junction box and gently pull it back through to the right junction box. Secure it to the right junction box. (We recommend coiling it up and taping it to the inside of the box).
- Unplug the GFCI wire from the left junction box and store it.
Step 9: Outlet Boxes and Counters
Refer to Outlet Boxes and Counters section in the assembly guide.
- Unscrew the outlet boxes (six screws per side) from the back wall panels.
- Unscrew the chassis (four screws per side) from the back wall panels.
- Unscrew the middle counter (two screws) from the back wall panel.
Caution! At this point in the disassembly process the only thing connecting the back wall assembly to the chassis is gravity (refer to Detail “A”). We strongly recommend that someone holdings the back wall panels steady for you until all wall panels are safely removed.
Step 10: Back Wall Panels
Refer to Back Wall Panels section in the assembly guide.
- Remove the self-adhesive plastic Rotolock caps from the back middle wall panel.
- Lightly reattach the covers next to the holes for future use.
- Starting from the bottom, use the Rotolock tool to loosen the fasteners, alternating sides as you go. Leave the top ones secure until you’re ready to remove the back wall panels one at a time.
- Have one of your helpers hold a side panel steady while you loosen the top Rotolock fastener on that side.
- Carefully lift the side back wall panel up and off the chassis hook. Set aside or place it in the shipping packaging.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the opposite back wall panel.
Please note: The back middle wall panel is now free. Use assistance when handling the wall panels.
7. Lift the back middle wall panel off the chassis hook on the top of the bench support. Set the panel aside or place it in the shipping packaging.
8. Replace all the wall panel screws back into the wall panels and cover with masking tape to avoid damage to adjacent panels.
Step 11: Benches and Counters
Refer to Benches and Counters section in the assembly guide.
- Remove the three screws connecting the bench to the outlet box. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Remove the two screws connecting the bench to the chassis. Repeat on the opposite side
- The benches can now be set aside or stored in their packaging.
- Remove the four screws connecting the middle counter and set aside or store in its packaging.
- Remove the four screws connecting the counter to the outlet box. Repeat on the opposite side. The counters can now be set aside or stored in their packaging.