If you’ve got it, flaunt it. With this pod, you’re offering breastfeeding parents a much-needed amenity—so shout it out from the rooftops! Or try these more appropriate suggestions.
- Issue a press release to celebrate the arrival of your pod. Here’s a link to our Press Kit.
- We also have an easy PR template to help you get a jump start on reaching out to the press. Here's the link: Mamava's PR template
- Host a ribbon-cutting event. Here are some tips for a successful ribbon-cutting based on our experience:
- Include a photo of your Mamava pod in place in the initial media alert prior to the ribbon cutting. Sometimes when members of the press can't make it to the actual cutting, they will still post the photo and announce the pod's arrival.
- Invite all the folks who helped make your Mamava pod happen—including leaders in your organization, donors, local dignitaries, and local press. We've seen extended coverage on ribbon-cuttings that had the governor, local mayor, or a local celebrity in attendance.
- Invite local parents with babies as those who are breastfeeding often have the best insights on how to use the pod and can attest to how important lactation accommodations are for them. Plus, babies are amazing interview subjects!
- Share your news on social media. Use your social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to let all your followers know you have a private lactation space. Share out the nice comments you (no doubt!) will receive about your Mamava pod, and be sure to tag us when you share—we love to see what’s going on in your world and will celebrate the love on our social channels!
- Be sure to mention your pod in any communications outreach about events where breastfeeding parents might attend—which is pretty much every event!
Use our go-to guide full of tips and templates to help you host a ribbon-cutting, connect with local press, and share your news on social!