There are a number of important factors to consider when you're scouting the best location for your Mamava pod(s).
Mamava’s lactation pods are intended for indoor use only.
- Make convenience to moms your top priority
We recommend placing your pod near a bathroom so mothers can also access a sink or changing table. Plus, displaying your Mamava near other amenities demonstrates your support for mothers.
- Make sure the pod fits the space
You will need an 8’6’ ceiling during the assembly. You will also need additional clearance so the side panels can slide in from above for the Original and ADA pods.
- Ensure privacy
If your model is one with a more open perforated ceiling (ADA/Original V5 or Solo V1.1), avoid placing in a stairwell, directly underneath security cameras or anywhere that provides an overhead view.
- Place the pod within 2’ of a standard outlet
The Mamava pod comes with a GFCI-protected electrical cord that plugs into a standard 20A 120V receptacle. The pod draws about 6.5 amps of power. Be sure the cord does not span any walkways.
- Consider temperature
Vent fans help to move air, but do not heat or cool the pod. Place your pod in an area that’s comfortable in terms of temperature.
- Ensure cellular service or Wifi
Moms need cell service or Wifi to open pods with the Mamava app.
- Find a flat surface
Place your Mamava on a flat, consistent surface. Not advisable: grouted tiles, brick, or sloped floors. Low-pile carpets are OK.
- Assemble the pod as close as possible to the final location site
Once assembled, the Original and ADA pods can move on retractable casters, but consider this furnishing like you would a refrigerator—you don’t want to be scooting it far distances or up sloped surfaces. (Please keep in mind that the Solo pod does not have casters and must be assembled in its final location.)
- And last. . . but not least . . . please take care of your Mamava when moving around
- Use a forklift or pallet jack to move your Mamava carton from the truck, and a cart or dolly to move it to the assembly spot.
- If you’re welcoming multiples (woot!), don’t stack Mamava cartons on top of each other at any time.
- Unless you have long forks, lift the carton from the long side of the pallet, not the narrow end.
- Consider the dimensions of the carton as you plan your route from delivery site to assembly spot.
- We hope you’ve found the perfect spot to place your Mamava for the long term! If you should ever need to move the pod, refer to this article for instructions.