If moms are having trouble opening the pod with the Mamava app, here’s how to troubleshoot the issue. Remember: your pod needs to be located where there’s a Wi-Fi connection and/or data service available.
Check with the user
- Do they have their Bluetooth and location services turned on?
- Is their low power mode turned off?
- Are they within three feet of the pod when they’re trying to unlock it?
If you still can’t open the pod with the app, you’ll need to conduct a few on-site tests and then report back to our Customer Experience team so we can help narrow down the problem.
Check the phone
- Can you open the pod with the app on another phone? If you can, then it’s most likely a problem with the user’s phone. If not, we’ll need to test the strength of the data/wifi surrounding the pod.
- What type and model of phone are you using? Which operating system? (The app is only compatible with IOS 8 or later and Android 7.0 or later.)
Check your pod
- Is the "plunger" engaged? Open the pod with the keypad, and with the door open, push the plastic "plunger" inside of the deadbolt hole manually by pushing it in. Do the lights and fans come on?
- Can you see the two small antennae on the top of the pod? Those are connected to the pod’s "mother board" that communicates with the app. If they’re not upright, they may not be syncing correctly.
Check the Bluetooth
The Mamava pod lock "speaks" to the mobile app via bluetooth connections, so there might be an issue with your connection.
- Download the app titled "BLE Scanner" within your app store of choice (iTunes/Google Play).
- Do you see any results that start with "PCD"? Please take a screenshot and send it our way!
Whew. We hope our troubleshooting steps solved your problem or at least helped you identify the source of it. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, click on "Contact us" at the top or bottom of this page. The members of our Customer Experience team are excellent problem solvers!