Parents will be grateful for a comfortable, private space for pumping and nursing. They'll be even more thankful, however, if it’s tidy and clean when they use it. Once the pod is installed, it’s your responsibility to keep it clean.
Making sure your pod is clean and sanitized is more important than ever.
The good news is that Mamava pods—with interior surfaces made of the same materials used in medical exam rooms—were intentionally designed to be easy to clean.
Here’s a helpful list to guide you:
1) Schedule regular cleanings.
- Place your Mamava pod on the same cleaning schedule as your bathrooms.
- We have created a handy cleaning chart that you can post on the outside of the pod to assure users that the pod is disinfected frequently. You can download the file here to print out.
2) Be sure disinfection is part of your cleaning team’s process. Disinfect all surfaces, using a spray or wipe, with a thorough focus on the following areas:
- Door handle: Use a disinfecting product to wipe down the door handle(s), inside and out.
- Shelves: Use a disinfecting product to wipe down the shelf/shelves in the pod.
- Benches: Use a disinfecting product to wipe down the bench/benches in the pod.
3) We recommend vacuuming both sides of the fan(s) as part of your regularly scheduled cleaning.
- Pods are well-ventilated, with interior fans capable of at least 35 ACH (Air Changes per Hour).
- To clean the fans you will need to access the fans located above the roof pan.
- Your pod is only as clean as the last parent who used it—communicate the importance of good hygiene practices to anyone who might use the pod.
- Download this PDF with helpful tips on how parents can keep the pod clean for others.
- Place a trash can outside or near the unit—not inside.
- Consider supplying hand sanitizer and/or sanitizing surface wipes. Keep them stocked and refill as needed.
- Download our guide to cleaning and disinfecting your pod: How to Clean Your Mamava
- Answer the question: Are your lactation accommodations sufficient post- COVID?
Remember, by offering a clean, secure, single-use place for breastfeeding and pumping, you’re helping breastfeeding parents provide their babies breast milk, which has important health benefits for breastfeeding parents and babies.
For additional pod amenities, check out this article.
If you still haven't found what you're looking for, click on "Contact us" at the top or bottom of this page.